Friday, May 29, 2009

The puzzle of LIFE

I remember I used to love those "Join the dots" kind of puzzles (partly because my dot-less paintings sucked big time). So, the page had only numbers and dots and I would try to picture it without the lines and wonder..."Hmmm...this looks like a....." And I never remember getting it right. Then while joining the dots, I would again try to think ahead and predict..."Hey this looks like an Ice cream...naah seems like a bottle of poison....no wait this IS a balloon seller, or is he? well...now looks more like an undertaker..." This used to go on until the last line was drawn and the picture never used to be anywhere close to any of the guesses that I made.

These days life seems like the same kind of puzzle. Will the eventual picture be good? or will it be total crap? It should be Ok coz I am putting in so much effort....But wait, "Destiny" can screw everything. I should tell myself to stop this guessing game right away. Man, that is never going to work. I should probably learn that I have never been good at this "predicting" game. I suck at it. Moving from one point to another and thus "drawing the line", is the only wise thing I can do right now. The picture would only be revealed after the final line has been drawn, the final piece piece of the puzzle has been placed.

Come to think of it, that is a good thing. What's the point if the picture is revealed too early? The last line should be drawn with the same zeal, interest, and inquisitiveness as the first line. There's no fun if the picture's discernible too early.

The line from HIMYM that "Sometimes since you are so close to the puzzle, you just cannot see the picture being formed out there" seems apt out here. I shall keep moving on from one point to another, drawing one line after another, not making any guesses, hoping that the picture, whether complete or incomplete is a good one...One that I can be proud of, my folks can be proud of....I sure do hope so.....

2 comments:

Mohsin said...

You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.
-Steve Jobs

So yes, Enjoy the Journey..

Charuta said...

and be proud of every line you put..regardless of the outcome..coz everything is going to connect in the end..just like the dotted picture :)